End of Month Wrap-Up: July

9:06 AM Gemma Fitz 2 Comments

So I've been having trouble posting on time, especially with these monthly wrap-ups.

I do have an excuse this time, though. My internet has been down since early Thursday afternoon, which is also why I haven't been commenting on blogs, pinning wondrous things on pinterest, and making y'all's days infinitely more beautiful with my brilliant blog posts.
Yeah right, I was gone for three days.

On the Blog

At My Writing Desk

  • I participated in Camp NaNo again.
I was aiming for 22,000 words, and that didn't happen. I had a crazy busy month, kept getting stuck, and my novel basically threw a tantrum whenever I tried to write. It was all super stressful and I've decided I really hate writing. But! I got nearly 10,000 words written, which is insanely sucky, but still something. I don't want to look at my novel again in a million years, but I'll get over that in a couple months and give it another go. Because I do miss Keiran.

In the Books

I read a grand total of 3 books this month.
The good news is that where quantity was lacking, I was pleasantly surprised by quality. I enjoyed everything I read, which doesn't happen often. (I'm such a picky bookworm...)

On the Web

With Me and My Life

Basically I've been crazy busy and stressed out and hot. Always hot.
  • CampNaNo swallowed copious amounts of time and energy with very little written to show for it. But hey! I had an awesome cabin full of awesome people whom I had an awesome time writing alongside.
  • I took swimming lessons, because I amwas (ha!) unable to swim at the age of 15 and that's super embarrassing.
  • My social life spun wildly out of control with work, multiple church/youth group functions, friends over constantly (I mean, seriously-- since when do I have friends??!!), and to crown it all a Japanese Foreign Exchange student living in my house with my family for a month. Which is all really nice and all, for extrovert me, but air. I need air.

Coming Soon to the Blog

Lately, I've just been trying to survive one day to the next-- you honestly expect me to know what I'll be doing this August?? *insert derisive, hysterical laugh*

But there is a possibility you may get a post on sudden mental, emotional, physical, and literal collapse, resulting from exhaustion, confusion, and severe over-heating later this week. (Don't forget the over-heating.)

How was your month? Did you participate in CampNaNo? Did you win? (If so, go enjoy some ice cream and my envy.)

2 comments:

  1. No, I didn't win Camp Nano. *sobs* I got around 10,000 words just like you, and believe me, those last few thousand felt like wringing blood from a stone. Somewhere a week or so into the month I lost all inspiration. My first draught is horrible and the only thing that makes me still want to write the book is that I think the idea is solid. :/ So we can both feel like failures together, if that helps. On the up side, my cabin was really nice and I had lots of fun.

    Yup, July was a crazy month. But your posts were amazing and I'm looking forward to what you'll do in August. :D Now I'm off to read some of those posts you recommended....

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU PUT THE FEELING INTO WORDS! "...wringing blood from a stone..." I'll have to remember that one. Good job on your word count, anyway. 10,000 written with no inspiration is still a fair achievement.

    Thanks! And yes!! Read them!! They are wondrous!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Just keep it clean and respectful...please no profanity and while I respect people's opinions and love a good argument, simply bashing my post is obviously not appreciated. :)